Your request has been submitted successfully!! We will contact you soon
About Silvia Poloto
Brazilian-born Silvia Poloto is an accomplished artist working in a range of visual disciplines. She is known for her lively abstract canvases and mixed-media sculptures. Recognized for her dynamic compositions and color sensibility, Poloto exploits a vibrant visual vocabulary of boldness and subtlety. Her deftly handled juxtapositions unfold in rich, textured hues and expressive gesture. The result is a body of work characterized by equal amounts of surprise, playfulness and provocation. Her aesthetic choices engage the viewer on a visceral level.
Poloto has worked in a variety of media, including photography, sculpture, painting and video. Elements of each of these media find their home in her current work.
While the Bay Area is her current home, her work has been exhibited throughout the U.S. and abroad, including United Arab Emirates, France, Spain, Jordania, Italy, Romania, Croatia, Bulgaria, Turkey, Greece and China among others.
In the Bay Area, her work has been featured in exhibitions at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts, the Italian American Museum and the DeYoung Museum, where she was an artist-in-residence.
Poloto’s work has been acquired by more than 80 institutional and corporate collections around the US and by more than 900 private collectors around the world.
M.B.A. in Administration with specialization in Marketing Resources, Getulio Vargas Foundation, Sao Paulo, Brazil
B. S. Electrical Engineering, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
• Awarded participation at the self-directed creative art residency program at GOZO Contemporary, Gozo, Malta, 2009
• Chosen to represent Brazil in the First International Art Symposium and Exhibition, Amman, Jordan, 2009
• Chosen to represent Brazil in the International Biennial " Mediterranean 2008 " Trogir, Croatia, 2008
• Chosen to represent Brazil in the 4rd International Art Symposium and Exhibition in Cappadocia, Turkey, 2007
• Chosen to represent Brazil in the 8th International Art Symposium of Modern Art and Exhibition, Carei, Romania.
• Chosen to represent Brazil in the Fifth International Art Symposiumin Russalka, Bulgaria, 2005.
• Awarded participation at Genie de La Bastille in Paris, France, 2005.
• Nominated for the 2005 Eureka Fellowship Program for Visual Artists, a project from the Fleishhacker Foundation, San Francisco, CA, 2004.
• Chosen to represent Brazil in the First International Art Symposium in Dubai, UAE, 2004.
• Received Honorable Mention Award at the First Santa Clara Biennial Sculpture Exhibition, sponsored by City of Santa Clara, May 2001.
• Awarded Artist in Residence at the Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco, California Palace of the Legion of Honor, San Francisco, CA, August, 2001.
• Winner of the USA Sculpture Contest promoted by the Foster City Arts and Culture Commitee, May 1998.
• Awarded Best of Show at Northern California Juried Exhibition, Bolinas Museum, June 1997.
• Received Merit Award at juried Exhibition at the Santa Cruz Art League, August 1997.
• Winner of the Yefim Chekkis Memorial Award, San Francisco, CA. February 1997.
• Chosen for the Permanent Public Exhibit at the Brazilian Embassy in Los Angeles, 1996.
• Artwork for book cover authored by Jan Richman, winner of the 1994 Walt Whitman Award of the Academy of American Poets, 1995.
• San Francisco Museum of Modern Art Artists Gallery, San Francisco, CA
• Museo Italo Americano, San Francisco, CA
• Triton Museum of Art, Santa Clara, CA
• Oakland Museum of California, Gallery 555, Oakland, CA
• California Palace of the Legion of Honor Residency and Exhibition, San Francisco, CA
• Yerba Buena Center for the Arts, San Francisco, CA
• Seattle Arts Museum Gallery, Seattle, WA
• United Nations, New York City, NY
• Scope New York, New York City, NY
• Butters Gallery, Portland, OR
• Scope Miami, Miami, FL
• Etra Fine Arts, Miami, FL
• Miami Art Basel, Miami, FL
• Aberson Exhibits, Tulsa, OK
• Julie Nester Gallery, Park City, UT
• Soprafina Gallery, Chicago, MA
• Ogilvie Pertl Gallery, Chicago, IL
• Fairmount Gallery, Dallas, TX
• Dubai International Art Symposium and Exhibition, Dubai, UAE
• Maiden Tower, Baku, Azerbaijan
• Art Taipei, Taipei, Taiwan
• Hong Kong International Biennial, Hong Kong, Republic of China
• Qatar Visual Art Center, Doha, Qatar
• Dar Al Landa Gallery, Amman, Jordan
• International Art Symposium and Exhibition, Amman, Jordan
• International Art Symposium and Exhibition, Baku, Azerbaijan
• Zervas Art Gallery, Patras, Greece
• Foresight Gallery, Amman, Jordan
• Gozo Contemporary, Gozo, Malta
• Ruzicka Gallery, Munich, Germany
• Trogir Municipal Museum and Palace Milesi, Split, Croatia